Garage Door Maintenance Fast04/05/2014 Back To Blog
Most people follow certain patterns when engage in housework to make sure the tasks will be completed faster. Based on the same logic, garage door maintenance can be concluded much faster than you would expect and your house will be properly protected without too much fuss. The time needed would only prolong if there is a serious damage with the garage door springs or if you detect any other serious problems with the mechanism that require demanding work.
Take care of the urgent garage door problems
You must give priority to the problems, which can block the proper operation of the door or could endanger your safety. If people would take care of such issues on time, problems and accidents would be reduced dramatically according to the experience of Garage Door Repair Seffner.
- Your safety depends highly on the condition of springs and sensors. You need to make sure they are both clean and in good working order. You must examine the condition of the opener making sure it is properly connected with the sensors and the reverse system works fine. Springs must be lubricated in order to keep their flexibility.
- If the door doesn't move properly, try to operate it manually to check its behavior. If it's moving fine, you need to replace the springs. When they get old, they don't have the strengths to lift the door and weak extension springs for garage doors would move the door unevenly. Of course, the cables must be checked, too. If they are loose, the movement of the door would slow down.
- Garage door tracks are installed to guide the rollers and if they are damaged, the door will not move properly. Its movement would be blocked and most probably would be led off tracks and this is why you need to remove all dirt and make sure there are no elements or distortions that could block the sliding of the rollers.
- Loose screws are a common phenomenon and can be taken care of with a simple screwdriver. Such issues are easy to fix and if ignored may cause serious problems.
- Check the material of the door for rust, problems with the painting and mold. You can take care of such problems while still small because if they extend too much, you may need to consider garage door panel replacement.